Monday, January 10, 2005

Just arrived home from my night out with the girls. It was a lot of fun just shooting the shit with them all. I do feel horrible for Leslie. Their house closes (the one they just sold) on Saturday and they still do not have a place to move to yet. I am a little freaked out for her right now. I swear I do not know how she is holding together. I'd have gone crazy (crazier) by now!

One funny thing tonight is that a group of younger women left while we were eating and as they walked by Jen was like "How funny is that! Did you see their purses? It was a parade of designer handbags! A Chanel, a Coach, a Burberry and a Kate Spade!" (We were in fancy-smancy Kirkland). I hadn't noticed the purses and Tracey said "I wouldn't know a designer purse if someone hit me with it." I thought it telling because Jen is the only one of us with "money" so of course she would notice.

Tomorrow the first bathroom contractor is coming. They called today to confirm and told me the average bathroom remodel in these parts runs $12000-$19000! HOLY SHIT! Are people getting gold-plated fixtures?! Anyway, I am assuming that that price also includes a lot of plumbing moved (which we do not need), lots of ceramic or glass tile installed (I'll stick to vinyl flooring and an acrylic tub and surround) and a heated floor! Can I say it again? HOLY SHIT! We'll see what they say tomorrow...

Ok, I am off to bed. It is cold and I cannot get warm. My feet are like ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment