Saturday, October 10, 2009

Book List

After posting about Book Club, I realized that I have not been very good about keeping the "Reading" section on my sidebar up-to-date. I think the books showing there at the moment was our April Book Club selection!

So, here is a list of the books I have read so far this year.

  1. "Dreams of My Father"Barack Obama
  2. "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince", J.K. Rowling
  3. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", J.K. Rowling
  4. "My Sister’s Keeper", Jodi Picoult
  5. "Fifth Business", Robertson Davies
  6. "The Reader", Bernhard Schlink
  7. "The People’s Act of Love", James Meek
  8. "The Middle Place", Kerry Corrigan
  9. "Atonement", Ian McEwan
  10. "The Witches of Eastwick", John Updike
  11. "Tourist Season", Carl Hiaasen
  12. "Sudden Death", Allison Brennan
  13. "The Help", Kathryn Stockett
  14. "The Name of the Wind", Patrick Rothfuss
  15. "Outliers: The Story of Success", Malcolm Gladwell
  16. "Something Missing", Matthew Dicks
  17. "The Magician's Nephew", C.S. Lewis


A sad list for sure. I have read 4 of the books in previous years (two of them last year!) but three of those books are quite long. I have on my TO DO list this year to read at least one Shakespeare play. I don't know if that will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment