Monday, March 06, 2006

Old Grey Pez

I think I have mentioned before that I have decided to stop colouring my hair and go old gracefully. Well, I am not sure about going gracefully but I am certainly grey. It has been 4 months since I last coloured my hair (I did it the night before we left for Ramona's wedding in Vegas).

I knew I was "going" grey - I started colouring my hair in 1994 because it was long and grey and I was looking for my first job in the States (my work permit had just been approved). For years I went to a salon to have it done but about three or four years ago I started doing it myself.

I would spend all of my time watching my hair and calculating when the next time I could safely do it. Since I started doing it at home, I have ruined a half dozen towels, our flooring in the master bath (which has since been replaced), two bath mats, stained a toilet seat, three t-shirts and two bras.

So I decided after my 40th birthday, I was going to stop colouring my hair. But, I would stop right after my trip to Vegas with Ramona and Leah Ann to celebrate our 40th birthdays:


Ok, Vegas was over so NO MORE COLOUR...but then it was summer time and I didn't want to look old during the summer. Then, I had to colour it again for Ramona and Greg's wedding in November.

Finally! I was Free To Be Me and here are the results after four months:







So, even though I knew I was going grey and had some patches that were more grey than others, I am still shocked at how grey I am at the the temples (ok whole side of the head) but much less grey on top!

So my plan is to grow out the grey some more then cut my hair shorter (blunt cut or something). We'll see if I have glorious silver locks or dull grey frizzy hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment