Friday, March 17, 2006

Ramblings

I am officially the MOPS Craft Coordinator for next year. I just submitted my budget and I hope I get the money I want. Now, how do I come up with 14 different crafts for 48 women at a cost of no more than $2.50 each?! Any and all ideas welcome!

I was showing Cars a picture of Jesus that was on the front cover of the "I Am Special" teacher guide for Sunday School. I said "That is Jesus" and he said "That not Jesus! That Qui-Gon Jinn!". Then he looked at me with a puzzled look and said "Where's him lightsaber?". I could not stop laughing! Can you see the similarity? (For those unfamiliar with Star Wars, Qui-Gon Jinn is on the left in the right-hand picture).







Today I received a call from the guidance counselor at school telling me she was scheduling Jax for "Leadership" classes because his teacher requested it (see this post for history). Ok, it is *4* months after we had first discussed it with his teachers and I told them we would get back to them if we decided to go that route (we did not). As far as I was aware, Jax has had no more problems at school making friends so where did this come from all of a sudden?! I gave her permission to speak to him tomorrow but that was it. She may not enroll him in the classes until we find out exactly what is going on. I then emailed his teachers to find out if they thought there was still a problem with him being friend-less and if so, why did they not let me know there was still a problem (parent/teacher interviews are next week and they said none was needed for him). Anyway, I am irked by all of this. I kind of got the impression that the counselor was trying to justify her job and was grabbing at names to fill up a class (she asked who Jax's friends were and when I told her she would say "Oh, they would do well in the Leadership classes too!").

So I will wait impatiently for a reply from his teachers. I have asked for an interview with them next week now. Hopefully it will not be at the same time as the one Ash is going to for Gav because I am to watch her kids at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment