Monday, March 20, 2006

Mean Mom Yet Again

Jax has been asking a lot about if we had a girl in the family, would I like that? Am I sad that I don't have a girl? etc... Tonight at dinner the topic came up again and so I said I heard that I could trade in three boys and get myself a girl. Jax of course knew I was joking but a moment later he asked Dex why he was crying. Dex sobbed "I don't want Mom to trade me in!". Oh my goodness! I felt like such a heel! He cried for a good 10 minutes. Then he crawled down from my lap and under the table and he did not come out until a couple of minutes later when Stephen came home. I asked Jax if he knew I was joking and he said "Yes, I did. But I think Dex is too young for jokes like that". Man, even my soon-to-be 8 yr old knew it was not an appropriate joke! I apologized to Dex again. He became teary-eyed again at bedtime about the joke. I am so mean!

Ok, I met with Jax's teachers today and I feel better about things. Jax will be doing the "Leadership" classes after all. The class is just 5 Mondays in a row. Jax said he had a good time on Friday at the one that the counselor held and he was looking forward to going again. I made sure that Ash said that Gav could go before I gave Jax the go-ahead because I did not want to say OK if no one else whom he wanted in the classes with him would not be there. We also discussed a couple of his "Lifeskills" ratings on this report card that was sent home on Friday. If his table or his class has to stay in for a few minutes at recess then he will say "It's because you hate us!" to the teachers. OMG! I am so embarrassed that he does that! He tries to make a lot of jokes too, often at inappropriate times. Gotta get him to stop that.

Anyway, I do feel relieved after meeting with the teachers. I even feel a little less crazy so looks like Crazy Doctor will not be hearing from me after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment