Tuesday, March 21, 2006

More Tears

This is our week for crying. Let's see...yesterday was me and Dex (I didn't write about me crying over frustration with Jax's report card etc). Today is was Jax's turn. We were at the Science Fair at the school tonight and Jax said he wanted to go off to see the Mad Scientist demonstrations. I told him to go ahead while I waited for Dex. When we got there, the three classrooms with the demos were packed and we looked all over but could not find Jax. We stayed put while Stephen went out to find Jax.

Turns out Jax "got lost" and then could not find us. He wandered around and then decided to go to the office but it was locked. He looked around for a "trusted" adult but could not find one but then he spotted Ash. He ran up to her and said he was lost. She told him he was at school so he was not lost but then she saw the tears in his eyes and realized he meant he could not find us. She was just dialing my cell phone when Stephen found them. Poor Jax was so upset. I am so proud of him for doing all the right things but I am concerned because the school was full of parents and teachers yet he could not find one whom he trusted. I knew of at least 6 or 7 who were there whom he could have turned to. Poor thing.

Other than that incident, the Science Fair went well. The boys enjoyed discussing their projects with the judges (the kids are not graded nor were there winners). Some of the projects at the Fair were so creative and again, lots that the kids did the project themselves so that was refreshing. One of my favourites was "Peep Jousting".

Tomorrow is Art Start in Dex's class. We are painting bisque tiles which we have fired and then next month, put them in cement stepping stone for a Mother's Day gift. Since Neighbour left today for a vacation in Japan, I don't have a babysitter for Cars so I hope he will play quietly in the classroom (or if luck is with me, he will nap in his stroller).

No comments:

Post a Comment