Sunday, March 26, 2006

Mail Call

My mom sent me a package last week (birthday present and a whole stash of peanut-safe chocolates for the kids - ah, yeah, for the kids). Also in the box was a big stack of letters, cards postcards and tags from way back that I still had at her house. There were some cards from Ramona written in the early 1990's and mailed from Saudi Arabia and her other countries from her travels (Thailand, Berlin) and some postcards from ex-boyfriends (I cannot believe I kept them!).

The bulk of the stuff was from Stephen. Cards, love letters, Valentine's Day cards and little notes from when we were first dating (late 1986/early 1987). Oh my God he was soooo mushy! And cute and sweet and funny! I loved re-reading them and remembering that new love feeling - all gushy, mushy and warm. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment