Friday, September 01, 2006

Summer O'Fun 2006 Last Day of Summer

Well except there is Labo(u)r Day weekend but that doesn't really count.

Ok, so the peanut issue is not settled. It is too draining to talk about. Seriously. Needless to say, Jax will not be eating lunch in the classroom anytime soon. Stephen will take him out on Tuesday because I have a mammogram (which hopefully will result in another almost certainly benign result). I'll take him out after that until this is resolved. We may be fighting a losing battle but if so, we will do everything in our power to make it as safe as possible, which, at this point, it is not.

One more thing I will add though about the peanut issue is that the mom of a 2nd grader at the school with a peanut allergy called me today. I don't know her but she got my name from the mom of one of Jax's schoolmates. Anyway, she is reeling from the no peanut-free rooms in school this year. Last year, her son had the same teacher as Jax did in 1st and that teacher was EXCELLENT about keeping peanuts out of her classroom, sending home reminder notes, etc. Her son has had anaphylaxis several times and once was from an open jar of peanut butter (done in the allergist's office). I gave her some links to some great resources for 504 Plans (she is going to push for one now - she has a meeting with the principal and nurse on Tuesday) and I sent her a copy of the "draft" of Jax's Health Care Plan that they are going to put in place so she will know what to expect at her meeting.

Anyway, so I wasn't going to talk about peanuts and now I have... but I will stop now.

Today for the last day of Summer O'Fun 2006, we went to the beach with some friends. The day was very nice. The kids had so much fun and we topped it off with popsicles from the food stand at the beach (it is not opened on Tuesdays - the day we usually go).

Overall, I think we had a great summer. We did a lot. The weather was (mostly) good although it was cooler than usual. I hope we made some fabulous memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment