Saturday, September 23, 2006

Both Cars and I are feeling better today, thankfully.

I had a funny story about him. He was at preschool on Thursday and I asked him how he liked it. He said it was fun. I then asked him who he played with and he said "Nobody!". Oh? I asked him why he did not play with anyone and he said "Nobody wants to play Star Wars!" LOL It seems that most of the kids, and especially the boys, are first children so no doubt that at the tender age of three, they have not yet been exposed to Star Wars. The kids are all into Thomas the Tank Engine, someone Cars could not care less about (although he is strangely attached to a Thomas backpack).

Today when we were in Safeway, Jax was wearing his heelies and hanging off the cart. It was bugging me because 1) it made the cart hard to push and 2) it was hard for people to pass us in the aisle. So I told him not to touch the cart. Ten minutes later, I needed to step down a different aisle so I said to him, "Take the cart and follow your dad". He looked at me and said "You said not to touch the cart" and he wheeled away. O.M.G. Did I ever see red! So I took him aside and told him he was being rude and sassy to me and when we got home he could go to his room and think about how he spoke to me.

When we got home, he went upstairs and wrote me a note:

Dear Mom,

I'm sorry I was rude to you.
I'm sorry I was sassy.
I would do it again.

Love Jax


Did I read that right? "I would do it again?!" I burst out laughing and could not be angry anymore. He was upset that he made a mistake in his note and begged me not to show Stephen (I did anyway and he had a good chuckle too).

No comments:

Post a Comment