Saturday, September 09, 2006

Peanut-Free Post

I will not discuss peanuts or peanut-free classrooms or anything. I promise! I am so weary of it all ...

Cars is completely potty trained. Well, he still needs assistance getting out of his pants and putting them back on. He has had one 1 accident in the past 4 weeks. If he stays dry tonight, it will mark 14 days in a row and he gets to wear underwear to bed. He is very excited about that prospect.

The house painting is a disaster. Basically, the house was never primed when it was built - only painted. So when Painter scrapes the paint, it comes off in looooong strips right to the bare wood. So instead of scraping here and there, he is scraping all of the trim to the bare wood. And he isn't meaning (or wanting to!). So, this is adding co$t and time to the prep work. Bugger! BTW, he is a neighbour whom I completely trust. Plus, he had originally told me that he did not have time to paint the house but then figured out a way to squeeze it in. I think he is regretting that decision! Anyway, primer goes on tomorrow as long as it does not rain. Oh, and I did go with the Tate Olive with an off-white trim. The front door will probably be black. I haven't decided yet. We are going to replace the outside lights too and new numbers on the house. And a new door mat, of course. I will post pictures when it is all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment