Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I woke up this morning with a wicked sinus headache. My throat is sore too. I just feel crummy all around. blah...

Because of Cars' food allergies, I have been sending in an individual snack for him each day rather than let him eat whatever is brought in by the other parents each day (different people sign up to bring in food each day). Anyway, the teachers told me today that Cars was quite upset the other day because he could not eat what the others were eating (it is for his safety so I can live with his disappointment). Oh, and apparently I am not giving him enough food in their opinion. Ok, I give fill up a little snack-sized ziploc bag with Wheat Thins and that is not enough food?! That is plenty for a snack. He is only there for 2.5 hours. It is not lunch! Anyway, I will sending in some grapes or 1/2 a pear along with the crackers next time. I also did give them permission to give him fruit or juice that is brought in. But nothing else. While his milk allergy is mild, I don't want them thinking it is ok then to give him milk or yogurt or cheese. And, we are avoiding peanuts until he is 5, even though he is not allergic according to his skin prick test.

I spoke to my friend, M. today. She has decided not to have the t-shirts say "Please do not kill my friend with your peanut butter sandwich" but something more along the line of "Be A Hero" and stay away from peanut butter at school. She hopes to have them ready by Wednesday at the PTSA meeting.

BTW, still no word from the school district on the "new" procedures and letter to go home. This is ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment