Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Summer O'Fun Days 31-33

Miss me? :)

So far vacation has been good. The kids were so good on the plane. Toronto is friggin hot and I have had two weather-induced migraines to date.

The kids are enjoying all of the attention (and new toys) they have been receiving. Cars has been sick though and isn't eating much. I had to take him to the doctor Wednesday at 4:50pm the evening before we left. He had an ear infection (and a 103F fever). His fever finally broke but now he has a rash on his body. If it isn't gone by tomorrow I will consider taking him to a walk-in clinic.

We have been busy. We've visited family and friends, we went to the Ontario Science Centre and the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) to see feathered dinosaurs and knights' costumes. We had two birthday parties for Cars (Happy 2nd birthday, baby!). The boys have played in the sprinkler and in the neighbour's pools. I had a girls night out with Ramona and Alicia. (Ramona's ring is gorgeous!). We still hope to fit in two amusements parks and a bbq with old friends before the trip is over.

Peter Jennings died the other day and I keep getting teary-eyed over it. Of course since he was Canadian and being in Canada while it happened, you can imagine the publicity. Geez, I am choking up again just thinking about him. I will miss him.

Well, I should go to bed. One vokda martini and two glasses of wine tonight has drained me. I had such a great time chatting with Ramona and Alicia. Nothing like dear old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment