Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Summer of No Fun Day 30

It never fails. Before we go on a trip I wig out. I get completely stressed and things bug the shit out of me. Today has been no exception. Ok, I know it hasn't been the most fun day for the kids but I have lots of laundry to do and then pack so when Ash called to ask if the older boys could come over to play I jumped at the change so that they could have a little bit of a change of scenery and I could get some packing done while Cars slept. I said sure and told them to get their bathing suits together and brush their hair. I ran upstairs and when I come back down they have been squirting water at each other all over the family room (from the squirt bottle that they use to wet their big bushy hair when they brush it). I completely LOSE it and now all three of my children are upstairs for a nap for the next 1.5 hours while I sit down here trying to calm down. No fun stuff today and really I am acting like Mommy Dearest (sans the beating with the wire hanger but just as mental).

Oh, before this, I had already taken their backpacks and gameboys away from them until the trip on Thursday (can you see that this has been a very lovely day?).

I know my reaction was over the top but at the moment all I could think of was that they were perfect little monsters and I wanted them away from me but not away having fun.

Oh, I am sufficiently cooled down enough that I can resume packing. In peace...at least for another 75 minutes.

Serenity now.

No comments:

Post a Comment