Wednesday, August 31, 2005

First Day o'School

First Day o'School

Today arrived bright and early (thanks to Stephen's alarm clock then he did not even get up until nearly 7am!).

Jax was up, fed and dressed before I got out of bed. Dex was a little slower to rise but quickly caught up.

We drove to the park and walked down to Jax's classroom (I carried the massive school supply bag). He went up to greet his best friend from his class last year who asked him if he were Jax because he did not recognize him without his two front teeth. I could not tell if he were joking or not but then realized he was not and felt sad for the kid because clearly he needs glasses or perhaps he "learns differently" and we just didn't realize it.

Dex, Cars and I came home and we kept busy until it was time to catch the bus to school for PM kindergarten. Stephen surprised Dex and came home just to watch him get on the bus (I am so glad he did that for Dex). Bus Driver Norm showed up late and apparently we are no longer the first stop on the route but that's ok. Dex and Ding Dong Girl got on the bus together and they were off. Cars and I drove to the school to meet the bus because the massive school supply bag for Dex was too huge to take on the bus.

After school I met Dex then we went to Jax's class so I could teach his teachers how to use the epi-pen. The teachers informed me that the school nurse had decided that the classroom would not be peanut-free after all since one kid will only eat pb. So, that started a two-hour tirade by me including a 20 minute conversation with the principal. Stephen and I are adamant that Jax will be in a peanut-free class because he is not old enough yet to take full responsibility for his allergies (they will not allow him to carry the epi-pen because he is too young so therefore he is too young to be exposed PURPOSEFULLY to peanuts, thankyouverymuch.

But I do not want to rant on about this so I won't...

Cars was so sad that Dex got on the bus but he was not allowed to. He kept yelling "BUS! ME! BUS! ME!" and he had the biggest pouty lips when I said sorry. Ding Dong girl's 2.5 year old brother had the same look on his face. It funny to see them both so pouty.

And one last thing about Cars. I took down his crib today and assembled his new toddler bed. He was delighted with it and climbed in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out and finally refused to get back in it. I held him downstairs then until he fell asleep, then put him to bed. He looks both so big and so tiny lying in the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment