Friday, August 12, 2005

Summer O'Fun Day (Lost count)

I bought the outfit I am going to wear to Ramona's wedding today. I had no intention of buying the outfit while on vacation but after the fifteenth time that Killjoy told me "You don't want to go in THERE, do you?" while shopping with her at the mall today I said f*ck it and went into this little overpriced boutique anyway. As I entered the store, I spied a beautiful gold organza top. I asked to try it on with a skirt (black satin) and I loved the outfit so I bought it. Killjoy at least told me that it looked nice on me and she was kind enough to watch the kids while I tried it on but she still went on about the price of it. I said "How often does one's best friend get married?" and that shut her up although I know she was thinking I could probably find a more practical dress at Sears.

Yesterday I took the kids to the Islands with my mom (aka Killjoy) and my MIL. The kids had a grand time taking the GO train and a ferry, They went on some rides at Centreville and we went through the hedge maze that has been there for 38 years.

Wednesday, Stephen and my mom (KJ) took the kids to my brother Wally's house for a swim and to hang out with Fiona. I stayed home because I had food poisoning from my night out with the girls. No, it was not from drinking too much (one martini and two glasses of wine!) but I had mussels for dinner (mussels, shrimp and scallops in spaghetti) and the last mussel I ate tasted like crap! I had to try to get rid of the taste with 495 pieces of bread. Ramona asked me later why I just didn't spit the damn thing out. I should have. Anyway, I spent Wednesday vomitting then well, you know. One good thing is that I could have sworn I lost 10 pounds that day but no such luck. I guess I will not win the weight loss contest at HerTime.

Five days left of vacation. Tomorrow is my aunt's birthday party. Sunday we are having a pizza party at the outlaws and have invited friends of old. Monday is one last hurrah (park or something), Tuesday will be spent trying to pack all of our newly acquired possessions (read: toys for the kids) into the suitcases and then we leave on Wednesday. I miss my own bed. I miss my shower and I miss my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment