Monday, August 01, 2005

Blah-blah-blah

Summer O'Fun Day 29

Today I met some forum friends at the Seattle Locks today. Jojo and her dd were there (she lives in Olympia so it was a long drive for them). I had met Jojo several times in the past too, most recently in Florida last year! lol

I also met Shelly and the boy. They were up from California because Shelly's friends are in a band and they were touring up this way (Rain). I was so delighted to meet them!

Here's a photo of us (taken by Jax so it is a little blurry). Today was cool so I just grabbed my hoodie on the way out the door and I look like a frumpy-old-middle-aged woman (hey wait! I am a frumpy-old-middle-aged woman!).


After we left the locks, I took the kids to Archie McPhee for fun. It is a cross between a surplus store and a joke shop. They had a great time poking around the store and I ended up buying them a couple of little Star Wars figurines, some pirate bandaids and toy rings.

Three more days until we leave on our trip. Jax is nuts out of control excited. He has packed and unpacked his backpack about 12 times in the past two days. Stephen is basically packed already and I haven't even started. I am doing laundry as I type so I can start first thing tomorrow morning.

Cars' second birthday is on Friday. We are just having a small cake for him at my mom's on Friday before the big bash (I guess big) at the in-laws. MIL finally agreed to bake him a cake rather than buying the booze-soaked cakes from Fabian's. She is excited to make it using the Betty Crocker Bake N'Fill pan.

The only thing I have bought for Cars for his b-day is Darth Tater. My poor baby gets the short-end of the stick! No party. No special cake from Mom. Only a Mr. Potato Head for a pressie. I suck.

Stephen is of course sick because we are going away. He gets sick before we go and I completely wig out because of stress. He had a bad ear infection. He also had a wellness check at work a few weeks ago and this triglycerides were HIGH (cholesterol was good). He asked her about it and she said it could be from stress and a bad diet. I feel completely guilty because I haven't been a very good cook for the oh say past 12 years of our 12 year marriage. When we get back from holidays we start the Mediterranean diet and then he needs to go see her for a complete physical.

Oh, there is the laundry buzzer calling me to change loads.

No comments:

Post a Comment