Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day. We did not do much at all today. Stephen slept in and I skipped church. It was a nice day and the kids played outside much of the day. I did a little gardening and fell off the retaining wall while I was trying to climb out of the back garden onto a ladder. Doh! I have a lovely bruise/scrape on my upper thigh.

Stephen was happy with his Father's Day Gifts: a pair of shorts, a Mad Magazine subscription, renewal of his Skeptic Magazine subscription, two basil plants and some stuff the kids made for him at school (a paper weight and an emergency kit). Now he is making dinner for all of us. He decided to forgo the steaks and is having chicken wings. I am having a steak kabob.

I did not talk to my mom today. I usually call her on Father's day to let her know I am thinking about Dad. I'll call her tomorrow since that is the actual anniversary of his passing. I wonder if June 20th will ever fall on Father's Day again.

Terry called today and she wanted to know if I wanted to have a garage sale. Sure! But of course she wants to have it here because we get more traffic than she does. I will have to think about it. We'll have it in 3 weeks if I decide to go ahead with it. Although I am remembering my promise last year to never again have a garage sale in July! What to do, what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment