Sunday, June 12, 2005

28 Seconds of Fame

On the theme of my 15 minutes of fame, yes, I was on Oprah a few years ago. They wanted me to fly to Chicago to be on the show but I had thyroid surgery scheduled. That I did not want to reschedule my surgery to be on the show seemed a little unbelievable to them (sorry Oprah but finding out if I had cancer was more important than meeting you in person).

Since I could not go to Chicago, they had me read my letter over the telephone and flashed pictures of me while the audio played. BTW, ever want to know why all of the letters on Oprah sound the same? It is because they re-write them!

Anyway, I was happy to be on the show for 28 seconds. I was finally able to upload the file. Click HERE. The file is large so it might take a moment to load.

No comments:

Post a Comment