Monday, June 06, 2005

For the birds

I don't know what it is about this year but there are birds everywhere this spring and it is exciting to see. I mean besides the damn crows that live around here and poke through everyone's garbage, we have some really cool birds. In my backyard I have seen Stellar's Jays, American Goldfinches, Robins and chickadees.

From my backyard I have seen a group of five bald eagles circling over the trees in the green belt across the street. One-quarter mile down the street, where I saw a coyote a couple of years ago, there are always some California quails strutting around the road. At the park last week I saw a Pileated Woodpecker (I thought it was called a red-headed woodpecker).

It has been so amazing seeing these beautiful birds so close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment