Friday, December 23, 2005

Stephen wanted to wrap presents with the kids tonight. He gathered up the box of Christmas paper, ribbons, bows and tags and banished me up to our room, which was ok because I was able to work on a hat I am knitting.

After a few moments, Stephen came bursting into our room, demanding to know where the Santa paper was (I use plain red paper for Santa's gifts). I reminded him that he had put it in the box with the other paper but don't worry, it was in a plastic bag and he could just sneak it out. Too late! Jax had found it. Stephen was livid because he thought this was it and Jax would know there was no Santa. I was mad at him getting pissed with me when it was his fault. And nevermind that I don't think Santa should even wrap gifts (we have this discussion every year!). Santa never wrapped presents in our house but he did in Stephen's.

My mom once told me that she never wrapped Santa gifts because when she was a child, she noticed some paper that her mother had purchased but when Christmas morning arrived, the gifts from Santa was wrapped in that paper. That is when she knew there was no Santa. She never wanted this to happen to her kids so no Santa gifts were wrapped.

Fortunately, Jax did not notice that that paper was Santa's paper (I bought 3 huge rolls of it 3 years ago). But just to be sure, I went out tonight and bought two large rolls of plain paper that we will use for Santa gifts (btw, in my house Santa only brought one gift but not in Stephen's...hey! why does he get to keep all of his traditions?!) then hide in the garage rafters until next year, and not with the rest of the paper!

But now I am curious, does Santa wrap gifts at your house? Please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment