Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Ok, tooth is feeling better today. Alternate Dentist is lucky that I didn't have to tell on her.

Book club tomorrow night. I am dreading everyone's wrath because the book had such a lousy ending. I hope Tami picks a better book for next month.

I went to Mass this morning (Ash Wednesday). Then I spent the rest of the day cleaning (I scrubbed the huge kitchen floor on my hands and knees because that wet Swifter just doesn't cut it). In the early afternoon, Ash dropped off Kins while she went to a job interview. When she came back to pick me up, she said "Here, let me get that off your forehead" and she wiped the ashes off. I was too stunned to move then I burst out laughing. She thought it was just dirt from my cleaning. Geez, how dirty did she think my house was?

Jax's teacher emailed me today because apparently he and another boy in his class have been disrupting the class for the past two weeks with their "silliness". I asked Jax what he was doing that was so silly and he said "I like to pretend my lunch is poison and I die after I take a bite". Nice. And "I pretend that I am being flushed down a toilet and I spin around and yell 'AAAAHHHHHH' ". What is it about boys?! Why can't they sit nicely in class and LEARN? The other kid is doing similar things and they egg each other on. Anyway, the teacher asked that we speak to Jax (and the other kid's parents speak to him) and hopefully "their behavior will go back to how they used to act in class". At least that tells me that Jax hasn't been a brat all year! I hope his behavior improves...

Well off to bed. IKEA in the morning. I hope to meet Arrogant Sage there. And when I get back I am sure my bathtub will be installed. I need the bathroom done quickly because I found a house I want to buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment