Friday, February 11, 2005

I went to IKEA today. Why don't they let you keep your kids in the ball pit longer than an hour? Surely they could sell more stuff if they let you shop a little longer without them.

I am happy with my purchases. I had a blast with Arrogant Sage and her dd, C. And Ash and Kins were there too. Ash won because she spent the most money. Or maybe Sage did because she spent the least.

When I arrived home, Handyman and his sidekick (who is actually his step-son) were busy working away. "We've had a few setbacks" Handyman told me. Seems the tub is small for the space and he has to build out the wall 1.5 inches from the floor to the ceiling. Sounds like a lot of work. Especially since that wall is 12 feet tall. He said the tub that was in there was not a standard size. So that adds more work and I wonder if that will cost me more money.

I also figured out another setback that he did not (yet) tell me about. I found a shard of broken mirror about 8" long. Hmmm...after he left I went to take a peek at the bathroom mirror to see how bad it looks with this piece missing. Well, the whole mirror is missing. I guess the whole thing shattered. I wonder when/if he will tell me about it. I wonder what the cost is to replace a 6 foot by 4 foot mirror.

Book club tonight was fun. So many people with so many different interpretations of the end of the book. Two people loved the twist at the end. Most others did not like it or hated it. I am really enjoying this book club! Our next book is The Kite Runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment