Saturday, April 25, 2009

Aargh! My tomato plants did not survive the frost! They looked ok on Friday morning but today when I went out there they are crumpled and brown. Boo! One of the four might be ok but I'll only know in a couple of days, I think.

I bought some Uncle Ian's Mole Repellent to try to get rid of those damn pests! Jax and I spent 40 minutes going around the yard finding holes and sprinkling it in. Hopefully it works. The guy at Home Depot said the only really effective way to get rid of them was traps that kill them. But then I would have to dispose of the bodies. No thank you! A landscaper suggested the product that I bought (well, he said "dried blood" which is what this product is).

Today is Stephen's birthday. He took Jax and Dex to hockey while I took Cars to t-ball this morning. Then we bought donuts in lieu of cake. We had to eat dinner early because Dex had a 7pm baseball game but I think Stephen enjoyed his day.

Today also would have been my dad's 78th birthday. Wow, that sounds so old! It is hard to beleive he had been gone almost 10 years. I guess this is the last "mile-stone anniversary" for a few years. Sometimes I am just amazed at how fast these past 10 years have flown. I also did not realize how much I would still miss him all these years later. I especially miss talking to him about politics (both Canadian and American). But I think of him daily if for no other reason that the password on the main computer in our house is the userid he used on his computer and in playing "Zelda".

Stephen doesn't say much about my dad anymore so I did get a choked up not long ago when he told me that he missed him. And tonight he had the kids say a prayer for my dad. :')

No comments:

Post a Comment