Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dex was still sick today but we had an appointment downtown so we packed into the car and drove downtown Seattle. We arrived a bit early so we walked a couple of blocks to the Pike Place Market sign (not even into the market, just to the sign where I took a photo of them). Then we walked back to the Canadian Consulate where I had to sit in front of bullet-proof glass while the woman reviewed the forms and identification for the kids' Canadian Citizenship applications (yes, the ones that I meant to send in last summer!). At least the woman behind the glass was friendly and funny unlike the very serious USCIS (formerly INS) workers who just glare and never crack a smile.

And even though the trip downtown was very quick, it was not without interest. First, there was the guy walking in front of us who seemed to know everyone walking down the street and who greeted one guy with “Hey! Remember me? We met a couple of years ago in County! Yeah, we were locked up together”. Next, there was Leroy's Mens Wear. Here are some photos of the clothes on display in the window:


Yes, that is a lavender plaid suit.

And here are the kids in front of the Pike Place Market sign:


After our appointment, we had originally planned to go to lunch then hang out at Gameworks for the afternoon but since Dex was burning up with fever and complained about walking three blocks, I decided to forgo Gameworks. Instead, after we arrived home, I gave the kids Mario Cart for Wii (we had purchased in December but had held it since they didn't really need more games). I let them play video games ALL afternoon. Like from 1pm until 6pm. I was feeling a bit guilty that we did not get to do anything really adventurous and fun these past couple of days. Though really, I think the kids playing video games all afternoon was very fun for them.

And I am glad that I got the Canadian Citizenship card applications out of the way. Now I just have to wait 12+ months for them. Good thing we are not in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment