Friday, January 30, 2009

Every Friday we have pizza for dinner and usually from Papa John's. I usually order it before we head out to Cosmo Fridays or just before our guests arrive here. They have a "plan ahead" feature which is great so I can order the pizza online and request a certain delivery time. It has worked out really great for us (now that I know they might be a few minutes early so I order it to be delivered at 6:30 and it arrives usually at 6:15, right when we arrive home from CF and as Stephen gets home from work).

Anyway, today the I had to drive the kids to/from school because there was a substitute bus driver (no guarantees that they have been trained to use an Epi Pen). I had a couple of minutes before I had to run out so I quickly ordered the pizza (pizza and wings special combo!) then rushed out to get the boys. I arrived home about 25 minutes later to a Papa John's delivery car (truck actually) in my driveway and the pizza guy looking irritated on my front step while he is talking on the phone. Oh shit! I completely forgot to chose PLAN AHEAD order so my dinner was here three hours early!

I apologized profusely to the guy and told him what had happened, hoping that he'd then say "OK, we'll bring you back a fresh order at 6:30!" when of course he grumbled "There are re-heating instructions on the box" as he shoved the boxes at me and walked away.

Fortunately, I had room in my fridge for the boxes. And the pizza and wings did reheat nicely when following the directions on the box but I'll be sure to click on PLAN AHEAD next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment