Saturday, November 03, 2007

Drat!

Missed a day of blogging...but I will carry on.

The move went fairly smoothly. Stephen ran a lot of the little things down early in the day before the movers came (good thing we are moved not far). The movers arrived about 9 and were done right around 4pm. They filled their van twice (why did they not send a bigger truck?).

Anyway, tomorrow we are going to get the rest of our stuff out of storage and spend the next days or week unpacking and trying to find a home for all of our stuff. The house seems so roomy but I am definitely missing some of the storage in the old house (especially all of the drawers in the vanities in the bathrooms). The kids love their rooms and all of the extra space. Dex still had a big of a hard time last night because "I have only ever lived in the other house and I am not sure I will like living in a new one!".

*big sigh*

Comcast arrived this morning and our cable, internet, and the cable phone are working. One problem that I did not anticipate is that my email address has to change because the account was originally in Stephen's name and now it is in mine so I cannot keep any of the email addresses connected to that account. What a PITA. Oh well, could be worse, right? I might not have any time to transition it over. As it is, I have 30 days.

Oh, and we apparently have a mole in our backyard. I guess when old owner's dog kept it away because we never saw any evidence of any mole hills the several times we were here. Now we have 6 holes (one more shows up each morning).

And Stephen managed to blow up the kitchen lights. He is off to Lowes or Home Depot to buy a new light to see if he replaces it if it will get the rest of the kitchen lights back working. Otherwise, looks like we are calling an electrician. :\

Ok, back to unpacking...

No comments:

Post a Comment