Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Book club is tomorrow night but I have not yet finished the book. We are reading "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. The book is divided into three sections and I thoroughly enjoyed reading the "Eat" part but am having a tough time continuing on. I don't imagine I will finish by tomorrow night. That will make two months in a row that I've gone to book club without finishing the book first (I did finish last month's book a few days after the book club meeting).

One of our members moved away in August so now we are back down to 11. Now someone has asked if her sister could join but there has been a lot of grumbling that 12 is too many. I don't think we even had one meeting where everyone was there yet people still think it is too many people. Laurie suggests a secret vote - YES or NO - as to whether or not to expand. We'll see what others think tomorrow.

The next hot topic for book club is where to hold our December meeting. There is one restaurant that several people want to try but to hold a reservation (and we are a big group) we must all ensure that we order entrees and one person in particular does not want to do that. Trying to please 11 women is hard! Perhaps we do need to reconsider downsizing our group!

No comments:

Post a Comment