Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Two weeks ago, Dex came home from school so excited about a hummingbird feeder that his teacher hung outside of the classroom window. Already they have seen many hummingbirds. This week, I noticed that the drugstore had hummingbird feeders on sale so I picked one up. Yesterday, Dex and I made the syrup (1 part sugar to 4 parts water) and hung the feeder up. Today we saw our first hummingbird! He (or she) just hovered around it but did not stop to drink from it. I think I was more excited than the boys about it!

My mom leaves early tomorrow morning. I will miss her but I will not miss her comments (she claims she means nothing by them but if so, why say them?! I mean if you cannot say anything nice...) And I guess it is not that she is mean really but just what is the point of saying something about my hair or my weight. I am 42 years old and shall do what I like TYVM. I lost 2.6 pounds this week (going to WW yet again) and she was incredulous that I lost any weight because I had some chocolate and popcorn for a snack a few nights ago. And the comment "You look so much younger with your hair pulled back". Aargh!

Anyway, I should focus on the positive. The boys loved having her here. She made me a meat pie and a whole slew of cabbage rolls. We played Gin almost every night. She brought Smarties and Mars bars. :) We celebrated her 72nd birthday while she was here and she loves to shop for bargains so we spent a lot of time in the stores.

Ok, I am off to bed because I have to awaken her at 5:15am so she can get ready for her train to Vancouver. Quick note to Jean-Paul and Marilyn (and Lola)! Watch out! Granny's coming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment