Friday, May 04, 2007

The bracelet craft went well yesterday. People really seemed to love them. The volunteers will get theirs with their "thank you" baskets at the next mom's club meeting. We have just two left for this year (and no crafts for me to prepare - yeah!). Now on to planning for next year.

I have a cold and after yesterday's meeting, I crashed. I napped for almost two hours. Ash was kind enough to pick up Jax and Dex and bring them home from school. Then we had to rush around, finish homework, eat and back to the ball park for Jax's game. Once again, it was cold and windy! It is about 10 degrees cooler than normal for this time of year. I was wearing my winter coat and sitting with a blanket over my knees while I watched the game. Cars, Dex and I left at 7:30 (Stephen met us there and he stayed until the game ended at about 8:15) so the kids could get a bath and warm up. (BTW, Jax's team won 14-11 - the scores would have been higher if not for those 5-run maximum innings!).

Today we have rain so perhaps both Dex and Jax's practices will be canceled. Jax has a game tomorrow and Dex has one on Sunday. And speaking of Dex, he seems to have lost his brand-new baseball hoodie that we bought for him. Aargh! Twenty-five dollars down the drain. I need to go and check out the school's lost and found box. Oh, I will have Stephen check the trunk of his car. Those are the last two places I can think of to look.

I desperately need to buy some groceries today but I just don't feel like going. I should make a trip to Costco but if I do go out, I am only driving as far as Safeway. Right now I am going to make myself another cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment