Saturday, September 03, 2005

I cannot turn off the tv. At least the scenes are much better than they were yesterday and the days before. At least it is keeping my mind off my worries.

Stephen took the kids out for most of the day to give me time to rest but I was bored so I went through all of the kids clothes and 6 bins of clothes and now I have three large garbage bags full of clothes to donate to Goodwill. I wished we lived closer to the Gulf coast and I could donate directly to people there. Maybe if I check the newspaper tomorrow I can find out places that might be taking clothing donations. Lots of baby clothes and if I can find a place to take them for the hurricane victims I will add the baby blankets too.

Killjoy has been nagging me to call my sister. I finally told her that I just did not think I could handle rejection at the moment so she got all pissy with me. Look, I know my sister has cancer. I know she is having a hysterectomy. I know she is probably scared and worried and does not know when her surgery will be (asswipe doc told her that she would get a call two weeks before the surgery but could not tell her when that will be!). I know she has had a hard life but after years of rejection, I just don't think I have it in my at this particular moment to try to make her feel better. Although I will admit I have called her twice in the last 4 days (left a message then spoke to my nephew today).

Tuesday we are meeting with the appropriate school people to discuss the peanut issue. I think what I am most pissed off about is the lack of communication. The nurse told me that they can only ask that people not send in peanut products but cannot make it "peanut-free". Yet, a note went home on Friday stating that the classroom is peanut-free. But the nurse said that if kids bring in peanut products they cannot tell them they cannot eat them. Well that is not a peanut-free environment then, is it? I feel like pulling out my hair in frustration! I hope this gets resolved at the meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment