Monday, May 18, 2009

Cars is obsessed with how old people are. Everyday he has a report about who in his class is already 6 and who is still just 5. He was delighted to find out last week how old his teacher is (25). "Mom! Miss K is younga than you because you are FOADY-FOAH!".

This morning I reminded the boys that it was my mom's birthday and Cars exclaimed "That means that Gwanny is seventy-foah!". He could not wait to call her to tell her how old she became today.

Later in the day, after he reminded Granny of her age, he told me with a sad voice that he and his friend K, will always be the youngest in his class because "*sigh* My birthday is August the fifth and K's is August the last" (We and K's parents and are probably the only parents with boys born in the summer not to hold back our kids!).

He sounded so sad that I almost felt bad for not holding him back. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment