Monday, July 24, 2006

Summer O'Fun 2006 Day 26

Golf for the kids today. Hot but a little breeze which is a nice change from the weekend. Today is was 94* in our area.

The weekend was unbearable. Friday and Saturday it was over 100* in our area. Fortunately, on Friday night, clouds rolled in. It did not rain or cool off but it made Saturday at the Big Software Company's annual picnic better than sweltering since the sun did not come out from behind clouds until after 2pm. It was pretty humid too, which is unusual for here during the summer.

Sunday we went shopping for school supplies. I spent a bloody fortune. One item on Jax's list was "accordian file binder type". No one knows exactly what this means. The guy at Staples told me it meant a binder with an accordian file attached to it ($14.99). Ash took it to mean jsut a regular accordian file that closes ($5). I will have to ask Laurie, when she returns from vacation, what she thinks it means. Or just wait a month until the Teacher Meet and Greet and find out exactly what it is. I still need to buy 4 reams of paper, 2 boxes of kleenex and new lunch boxes for the kids.

I have been feeling so out of sorts lately. Feeling old. And feeling like my body is falling apart (the arch on my right foot has fallen!). I was watching some 80's videos (mentioned in an earlier post) and it made me feel so nostaglic and a little sad. I feel like those pathetic people who reminish and miss the "old days". Maybe I am going through a mid-life crisis? Whatever it is, it is pathetic. But, I guess I am not the only one. I received this email from a friend today:

Sometimes I want to go back to the "chicken-deli days" where all we had to
do was ensure we had money for pizza/sub after drinking and watch Jackie
eat hers without chewing. Or....me waking up the next morning and
smelling onions from my coat closest then remembering......"Oh ya!, we
had subs lastnight!"* lol


* She would often find a half of a sub in her coat pocket

Anyway, I guess this will pass. Just don't want to be the kind of person who sits around talking about "Glory Days".

Man, growing old is a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment