Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Summer O'Fun 2006 Day 13

Happy 5th of July!

Our Annual 4th of July BBQ was a smashing success, in spite of the downpour from 9pm-10pm. I had some games and crafts for the kids (BINGO was a huge hit). Way too much food and of course, some illegal fireworks. Our city banned fireworks this year but Stephen was determined to light some off anyway. He and Gar (Ash's dh) spent way too much $$ of fireworks and they lit off many while it was still light. We took a break during the rain (the kids watched a movie and the adults played poker). When the rain stopped, back out they went. I did not watch much of them because I was very concerned about getting caught and the fine. Anyway, at about 10:45, some friends popped by to pick up their son who had stayed when they left after dinner to go to another party. When they showed up, we all started gabbing then a police car drove by while Stephen and Gar were trying to decide what to blow up next. OMG! I hustled all of the kids into the house and put an end to the fireworks. Stephen called me a killjoy (I guess I *AM* my mother).

So, no more fireworks. It is not worth the stress to me.

Today, Summer O'Fun day 13, we just hung out, cleaned up and then I took the kids to the club to go swimming. It turned very chilly and will stay this way for the next day or so.

And here is a picture of the Jax, Dex and Cars on Summer O'Fun 2006 Day 12, the 4th of July:

No comments:

Post a Comment