Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day

Today for Father's Day, we just hung out in the yard, planting flowers in planters on the deck. The kids played and the sun actually came out for a few minutes. We are having steak, potatoes and mushrooms for dinner (some other veggie or two thrown in there).

Seven years ago today (well, on Father's Day - the actual date is 6/20), my dad passed away. I always miss him so much at this time of the year. I haven't called my mom today as I usually do because she is in Minnesota visiting for my brother's family (it is Melissa's high school graduation party today). I will give her a call on Tuesday when she is home.

We are planning to have the outside of our house painted this summer. Stephen does not want to do it so we are hiring our neighbour to do it (he is a house painter) however, he is very busy refurbishing a yacht (his other job) so he is not sure when he will get to it. Also, the colour I had picked out - saybrook sage (you can find a sample here - about 1/2 way down, right about in the middle of the page) - is too light, according to Stephen. So, I am not sure if I should just go ahead with it or check out another colour. Hmmm... We also need some wood trim replaced on the house but again, Stephen does not want to do it so I will have to hire someone to do it. I guess I will call Handyman tomorrow to see if he is interested in doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment