Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Yesterday I did the most physical activity that I have done in ages. First, Dex, Cars and I walked Jax to school then we had to walk home up that friggin hill (2 mile walk round trip). The jogging stroller has a flat tire so I had to push Cars in his regular stroller which does not move as easily up a very steep incline. Anyway, we survived. Then I took Dex and his friend to soccer. It was the last day and apparently it was also a parent participation day. I don't know if they announce that last week (L. took the kids last week). So there I was, out on the indoor soccer field scrimmaging with other moms and 5 year old kids who are fast and vicious. Only the kids had shin guards on! I am glad I am not the mom who caught a soccer ball with her nose. Ouch!

Later in the afternoon I took Dex to his t-ball practice and Jax and I threw the ball back and forth while Cars napped in the stroller. Ok, I threw the ball to Jax, he missed it every time and ran after it. Then he would throw it in my direction but most of the time it went way right so I had to run for the ball too. Who knew I could even run still?

So last night after dinner, I was completely pooped - too pooped to even go to the store to get some bread and milk. Fortunately, Stephen went so my kids would have something for breakfast this morning. And it is a pleasant surprise this morning that I am not sore. And I even feel almost GOOD for having exercised. Maybe I should keep it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment