Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Jax wanted to build a lepre chaun trap today. He woke up this morning with the idea and did not let it go! I gently told him that there were no such thing as lepre chauns. He chose not to hear me. After school he started talking about it again and was so wound up that I promised to help him make a trap after dinner.

Stephen asked me why I was encouraging him (he knew that I had spoken to Jax this morning). Then he turned to Jax and told him that l e p re chauns are just make-believe. Jax looked him in the eye and said "I want to believe in them". And that was that. So we made a trap for him and one for Dex and I had to scavenge around the house to find a little present to put inside for them to find in the morning.

Here's is Jax's trap. Just a simple shoe box held up with string with a penny taped to the floor (and green paper and tin foil to attract the lepre chaun). When the penny is picked up the string will let go and trap the lepre chaun.



Dex's is simple. A lid propped up with a tin foil covered popsicle stick with a string and a penny taped on the string. Picking the penny up will pull the stick out and the lid will drop and trap the lepre
chaun.



They were so excited about the traps. I hope they are not disappointed in the morning when there is no lepre chaun to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment