Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Stephen has been having some throat issues and went to see the ENT who performed surgery on his a number of years ago.  The doctor told him he would have to put a scope up his nose and down his throat to see what was going on. As Stephen was being scoped, the ENT commented that it was tough getting around his deviated septum.  Stephen looked him in the eye and said "You mean the deviated septum that you repaired when you operated on me?"

The doctor explained that yes he did operate on it but it was so bad it could not be completely fixed.  Hmm...

Anyway, Stephen loves this doctor because the doctor has no bedside manner.  He is very matter-of-fact and blunt. Stephen says you can tell the guy is a total asshole.  I would totally hate to have this guy as a doctor.  Stephen hates our dentist because she is chipper and cheerful and talkative.  He does not want that - just the facts. I like doctors who are confident but also who also take the time to know me.

At the dentist yesterday they asked about the kids (even though a bad experience with Jax lead me to take them to a new dentist this year). I like that.  My primary care provider (whom I rarely see herself - usually just her nurse practioners) is also a rheumatologist and they spend lots of time with you when you go in and always ask how things are (personally).  Again, I love that!  Stephen just wants to be all business and be quick about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment