Thursday, June 24, 2010

Today is the 6th day of summer vacation (not including the weekends) and we have done virtually nothing. I have been sick since Saturday. On Tuesday I was feeling a little better so the kids and I tried our hand at Geocaching. The GPS on the iPhone app is not that accurate so we were only able to find 1 of the 3 geocaches that we searched for. However, it was fun and we are going to go do it again.

Yesterday I felt like a ton of bricks hit me and I spent much of the day in bed. I finally caved and call the doctor's office but they said there was no room at the inn but too a message with all of my symptoms (sore throat, sore face, sore ear, congestion, eyes hurt when I moved them, cough and on-and-off fever, body aches, the list goes on). A while later I got a call back saying that because of the eye pain I was having, I needed to be seen. I was diagnosed with a sinus infection and put on antibiotics. I barely made it home after I filled my Rx and Dex had his bass guitar lesson so I made him walk there (accompanied by Jax). It really isn't that far but the bass is heavy. He survived and at that point, I really did not think I could have driven anyway.

This morning I felt a teeny bit better but I am still a long way from feeling well. I had a little break down today because 6 days of illness and feeling as though the kids were mad at me for not having any "fun", as well as lack of empathy from Stephen got to me. He of course did not expect me to make dinners and take the kids out if I were sick but he has this way of acting as though everything is a checklist and chore and I just could not take it. :'(

On top of it, I fell off the roof almost a week early. I was recently reading about menopause and peri-menopause and I read that periods start getting closer together so falling off the roof today made me feel really, really OLD. No more babies (God forbid!! - but knowing that I am too old for it really makes one feel sorry for oneself if one has been sick for 6 days). And on top of that the cramps and that little endometriosis growth that I have that aches and aches when I have my period.

Woe is me. ~sniff~

Maybe I just need a big ol' hunk of chocolate to make me feel better? Instead, I will settle with two 1000mg horse tablets of amoxicillin and crawl into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment