Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mid-winter blues

I have found myself being pulled down into the darkness that comes with winters here - grey, overcast days. We have had the occasional day of sunshine which has been nice but overall, the weather is wet and it makes it hard to want to go out. As much as I am loathe to say it, at this point I would prefer to have some colder days with snow on the ground because at least the sun might shine a little more often. And really, I don't hate the snow as much as I proclaim. I just hate that our region is so ill-equipped to deal with it and everything comes to a screeching halt. When we were in Minnesota in November, there was a significant snowfall the night we arrived and through the next day. However, the day after that the main roads were bare and the side streets were very nicely plowed. I know it is unreasonable to expect that here due to the infrequency of major snowfalls, but it would make life easier.

I haven't been exercising as often as I should be and I have been carb-loading for no other reason than that carbs taste good! I had pasta last night with a butter/ sauteed onions/garlic sauce on it and it was so good. I was sad when it was all gone. And I have eaten at least one (Thomas Thin) bagel with cream cheese almost everyday for the past 2 weeks. With some cucumber slices - heaven! Carbs totally make me bloat, make me fat and make me lethargic (and are probably why I haven't felt like exercising). I need to eat some food that will energize me!

Well, time to take my Vitamin D and get on with my day. I might even make it to the gym today.

No comments:

Post a Comment