Thursday, August 02, 2007

Summer

I am still in shock about the 35W bridge. I cannot imagine all those poor people who were on the bridge when it fell. One good thing of all of this, a former co-worker with whom I had lost touch email me (she lives in Florida) then we spoke briefly on the telephone. Last time she called me out of the blue was when she saw me on Oprah. Anyway, we both had tried to reach our former manager but we no longer have email address for him (our company - a financial planning division of a credit card company - changed their name a couple of years ago so all of the email addresses changed and apparently they did not transition over so pez.me@oldcompanyname.com did not become pez.me@newcompanyname.com).

Anyway, I will just keep my fingers crosses that he and the others we used to work with are ok. I am sure they are. Though it was at 6:05pm, that is actually the equivalent of 7:05pm else where. Minnesota is in the Central time zone but businesses still keep Eastern Time hours. So many people started work at 7 or 7:30am and were out by 3:30 or 4pm. We at least that was the case in the companies I worked for at the time.

For some summer fun, I took the kids to the beach for a couple of hours. Then I spent the rest of the day preparing for camping. This is just our second camping trip ever. It is a whole lot of work for such a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment