Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year

My New Year's Resolutions

  1. Regain an active lifestyle.  I have become quiet sedentary over the past year and half and it is showing on my body and my attitude of life in general.  Time to step to it!
  2. Stop procrastinating.  I realize know that at least 50% of the anxiety I feel at any given time is due to me putting off things that I am either afraid to do, don't want to do or cannot be bothered to do when it should be done. 
  3. File important items away NOW (see above)
  4. Realize that it is ok to not be friends with everyone or friends forever.  I had a friend who moved away a few years ago (not too far) and we have stayed in contact via facebook but before she moved I realized she was a toxic person so it was a relief when she moved, quite honestly.  A few months ago she called me and wanted to stop by because she was in town.  She came for tea and I realized that I did not enjoy her company at all.  I do not need to stay friends with people just because we have a history.
  5. Cut carbs.  I feel so much better when I stay away from bread and pasta.
  6. Do one fun family activity each month.  I realize that my kids are not young anymore and soon they will not want to be doing family activities so I want to make sure that we make some more great memories before they up and move away. That time is rapidly approaching!
A good start, I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment