Tuesday, September 04, 2007

First Day of School

The plan for the kids to walk to school fell flat today as we awoke to rain. Not just rain but a torrential downpour. It is raining like it rains in November. Unbelievable!

So, I drove the kids in then took their big school supplies to their classes then stood outside in the rain with them waiting for class to begin. I forgot to take photos of them before we left but a friend of mine snapped one of each of them at school and she will email them to me.

The back-to-school coffee/tea for parents was poorly attended because of the rain (it is held outside, under the awning at the front of the school) and of course none of the baked goods were safe for Cars so I just grabbed a cuppa tea and chatted for a moment then headed home. Cars and I are completely soaked.

Cars has swimming lessons this afternoon which will be just miserable for me if the rain does not ease up. Nothing like swimming lessons in the pouring rain! Hopefully there won't be any thunder though. I heard we are going to get more thunder today. We had a fantastic thunderstorm last night. Lightning and thunderstorms are actually a rare event here so last night's storm, which lasted about 20 minutes, was exciting. Of course I was the only one in the family awake to enjoy it.

Ok, off for my second cuppa tea and to get some laundry done.

No comments:

Post a Comment