Friday, June 06, 2014

Everyday I'm Whittlin'

I am still taking a woodcarving class every Tuesday morning and I am still plugging away at my projects. I am so slow at it (mostly I am afraid to make mistakes so I hem and haw over every move before I make it - do I cut the wood this way or that way? Are the two sides even? What if I do this?  What if I make a mistake? OMG! And my most recent project (that has taken me a YEAR) is made out of yellow cedar which rips and tears and is hard to work with. Anyway, I finally just finished carving and staining it and will paint it over the summer.  Here's a picture:

Ok, it will look much better once it is painted (black and red). 
 
I also finally finished painting the piece that I finished carving last year:

 
My next piece will be a "Cooper" which is like a shield. I think historically they were made from copper, hence the name.
 
I will post photos of that in a year or so.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment