Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Summer o'Fun Day 28 (2008)

Again, not so much fun. We had rain for the first time in three weeks (well, it sprinkled for like 3 seconds on Sunday so that doesn't count). The kids and I just hung out at home again then we headed to Old Navy because they had a jeans sale on. I bought 5 pairs of jeans today for $55 (plus tax). Great deal!

The kids and I then walked over to Michael's for a few craft supplies for tomorrow (Craft day!). Cars fell and scraped his knee really badly. We bandaged it up and he kept saying "I need to walk this way!" and he hobbled around with this very exaggerated limp. It was so funny. (He was trying not to bend his knee so the band aid would not come off - not because he was hurt).

Today, I also decided to get off my butt and file to get my children their proof of Canadian Citizenship. I downloaded the forms off the Canadian government website then I had to get photos taken. I went to the photo place that Big Software Company sends all of their foreign workers for photos for the USCIS (which happens to be at the same mall as Old Navy) because the photos always have to be so precise. This is also the same place where I paid $25.02 for Canadian passport photos four years ago. Imagine my surprise when I found out that the Canadian Citizenship pictures cost $45 ($35 for kids under 5 years of age)! Outrageous! But I was stuck! I had to get them because this is the only place around that will do them.

Anyway, while I was waiting to pay, I noticed that the lady charged 1 @$45 and 2 @$35. How bad is it that I did not correct her? Maybe she did that on purpose because she felt sorry for me - paying an arm and a leg for my children's photos! Next, we have the filing fee for each of them ($75 each!). Please let the Big Software Company stock go up!

The biggest problem is that I waited until now to do all three kids' applications at the same time. I would not be complaining (well, at least not as much) if I had filed when each of them were born the co$t would have been spread out over five years rather than in one fell swoop. And, the cost 10 years ago (for Jax) most likely would have been far less than the $75 fee it is now. And, it was only a few years ago that they stopped accepting US passport photos for the Citizenship ID's so the cost of the photos for at least Jax and Dex would have been far less. No one to blame but myself. *sigh*

Then, this evening, as I was complaining to Stephen about the co$t of all it all, it dawned on me that his Canadian passport will be expiring in a few months so we'll have to get more crazy expen$ive photos taken again very soon! Yike$!!

No comments:

Post a Comment