Monday, April 17, 2006

Piss and Moan

I found out last week that my cousin (shown here with Ramona and I), will not be coming to visit me this summer. She and her family were going to fly to Edmonton, drive to Vancouver then to Seattle for their summer holidays. They cut out a week though and that week is Seattle. I am so bummed. And I don't know why on earth they want to go to Edmonton then drive *24* hours to Vancouver. I mean Edmonton does have the World's Largest Mall but that's about it. My sister also lives there and I know she will not see my cousin. Seattle, on the other hand, is just a *3* hour drive from Vancouver, we have mountains (vs. flat prairie), lakes, Puget Sounds, shopping, the Space Needle, BigSoftwareCompany, EMP and ME! I am very disappointed and to be quiet honest, a little hurt.

Ok, onto more disappointment...Dex has his throat-clearing thing back again this year. I know it is from allergies. He has been on Zyrtec and Flonase for the last three weeks due to the "blinking" (maybe allergies, maybe a tic but we don't know for sure and he screams like we are putting his eyes out with hot pokers when we try to give him the antihistamine eyedrops that we gave up on them) but now the throat clearing has started. This went on for months last year and it was a sinus infection that would not clear up. So, tomorrow he is going to see the ped but I cannot get him in to see the allergiest until the end of May because he is not a current patient (he has not seen her since he was tested for peanuts and milk allergies when he was an infant). This throat clearing is so annoying for him and for everyone around him. I hope we can get it cleared up more quickly this year. And I hope the eye blinking thing goes away.

I hurt my neck and upper back sleeping funny last week. I slept funny because Cars was sleeping on my head. Yesterday, it hurt so much that I thought I would throw up. It is a little better today but I am so very stiff. Last night, I made Stephen take Cars into the spare bed after he woke up and tried to climb in our bed at 2am. I was finally successful in getting Cars to go to sleep in his own bed but I cannot get him to stay in his own bed all night! It is killing me!

And since I have complained about two-thirds of my children, I will complain about the third and make it complete. Jax loves the watch we bought him for his birthday. He is always telling us the time. "It is 9:47" and "It is 10:01" and "It is 1:32" ad nauseum.

So, yesterday was Easter and we went to 11:30 am Mass (because I still felt sick from my sore neck/back and I could not get to an earlier Mass). Well, before Mass, Jax asked "How long is Mass". I told him it is usually 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes but it will be longer because it is Easter and there will be a gazillion people there. So beginning at the 1 hour mark until Mass ended (blissfully, it was only 1 hour and 25 minutes), I had a minute by minute recap of the time. Jax would say "It has now been 1 hour and 1 minute. Is Mass almsot over?" and "It has been 1 hour and 6 minutes. Is it time to go?". I was so ready to rip that freaking watch off his wrist.

So, combine Mr. Timecheck with Dex's incessant questions about (again) why he does not get to have chips like everyone else, Cars fighting with other kids over the Little Tikes Kitchen (we sat in the crying room) and my throbbing back, it was a very long Easter Mass. Oh, and then it took us 10 minutes to get out of the church parking lot so by the time we arrived home we had been gone "Two hours! We were at church for *two* hours!" Jax complained.

Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment