Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I am so excited - our new kitchen windows (and door) will be installed on Friday! Whoo-hoo! As soon as the weather turns warm, I will have FRESH AIR circulating through my kitchen for the first time EVER! And we will have a better window in which to exhaust our room air-conditioner. Yeah!

The kindergarten Art Start project has become such a huge ordeal. The kids painted ceramic tiles which we had fired. Now we are making stepping stones with them and some tumbled glass. I had to drive to Seattle last week to buy the glass ($50 worth of broken tumbled glass) but we realized today that we do not have enough so back to Seattle I will need to go. Also, the cement is a big PITA to mix up. We did practice ones today so hopefully they will turn out ok. I finally was able to get two other moms to help out with the project because there is no way I can mix and pour cement for 20 stepping stones and supervise the kids as they place glass around the tiles. Anyway, this project is just way more than I had signed on for and I definitely will think twice about doing it again. But I hope they turn out because they are Mother's Day gifts.

Today (well it is after midnight so yesterday...) was my nephew's 20th birthday. I do not have any contact with him (he is my sister's son) but I do think of him often. He works on the pipeline (or something like that) in Alberta. I hope he is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment