Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Purple Schmurple

My husband apparently missed the day in kindergarten when one learns how to mix primary colours to make secondary colours. He really has no idea (or at least never remembers) how to make purple, green or orange. And it is seems to be some sort of mental block that he cannot even logically think it out.

Anyway, tonight he was making Nanaimo Bars for Dex to take to school tomorrow and Dex wanted the vanilla filling coloured purple. Stephen could not figure out how to make purple using the red/blue/yellow pots of food color gel that we had so he called me (I was with Jax at his appointment). I asked him to ask the Cars because Cars and I both talked about it yesterday. I heard both Dex and Cars in the background pipe up "Red and Blue!".

As someone who fancies themself as an artist, I find it stunning that one would not know that or even be able to figure it out. It is a definite mental block for Stephen. And I am glad that my kids do not have the same problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment