Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I received an email today from the Catholic school and school at all three campuses is canceled for the rest of the week because of the flooding at one of the satellite campuses. That makes no sense to me. Why should all parents suffer? I mean, why should the kids at the other two schools miss out?!

So, the rain finally stopped so I went to Costco today to pick up a couple of things and walked out nearly $140 poorer! OMG, I seriously thought it was about $75 worth of stuff. A few things I bought were:

Wheat Thins $4.99 (Jax and Cars love these)
Grands Bisquits $4.99 (total impulse buy here - they had free samples and I fell for it!)
ChickenBreasts $20.00 (I bought this package because it was an even dollar amount and I thought that was cool)
Bananas $1.30 (these used to be 99cents!)
Salad mix $1.99 (no spinach here!)
Turkey Lunch meat $6.00 (for two pounds!)
Mixed Peppers $6.49 (usually I just buy the red for $5.69 but I splurged!)
Kirkland Detergent $11.49 (I usually buy Tide but the box was too big to fit in the cart - or just about! - so I bought the Costco brand)

Another splurge item that increased my shopping cost was a $24.99 cooking thermometer that I thought would make a good Christmas gift for Stephen. Ok, so now I can see how I managed to spend $140.

Oh, time to make dinner. I am making a "French Braid Chicken with Broccoli". I gave the recipe to Ramona this morning while we were on the telephone then I decided that I wanted to have it too! It is so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment