Saturday, April 05, 2008

We took the kids to an indoor skate park today. Just Jax and Dex skated and scootered and they had such a blast! It was very cool to see some kids the same age as them doing some fantastic skateboarding. One kid, who looked about 12 or 13, could do back flips with his scooter. The park offers summer camps so we are going to think about sending them. The only drawback is that it is so far away (down near IKEA) so it would be tricky getting there in the morning during rush hour traffic.

Afterwards, we went to IKEA. I told Cars that he could go in the ball pit but the lineup to get into it was about 15 kids deep. I promised him I would take him again sometime soon so he can get in. I'll be sure to get there the moment IKEA opens so that we don't have to stand around and wait. One bonus for us is that we had decided to have dinner at the restaurant and when I swiped the kids' IKEA kids card they were all given a free kids meal. So dinner was a bargain - five meals for the price of two.

When ordering dinner, I asked if the meatballs were peanut and nut free. The guy first said no but then looked it up in their big binder and came back and said he had made a mistake and that the meatballs were fine. Jax was very nervous eating his dinner after that. :\ Then he started questioning if the Sprite was peanut-free and did I think table might have peanut butter on it (they serve pb sandwiches). He was inspecting each french fry before he ate it in case he might spy some peanut butter, I think. Anyway, I was sure to compliment him on eating out of the house. Two steps forward, one step back...

No comments:

Post a Comment