Monday, November 19, 2007

Today the kids had a 1/2 day of school. This totally conflicted with Cars' Thanksgiving Day feast at preschool so Stephen went to that while I met the older boys at the bus at 11:30. My friend watched my kids last week while we went to conferences so I watched her dd after school for about 1/2 hour (she took the bus home with Jax and Dex). Anyway, when my friend showed up about 12:15 to get her dd, she had her oldest son with her who is the same age as Dex and Dex asked if C could stay for a playdate. I really had no plans other than doing some cooking and baking today so I said sure. My friend and her dd left and I started lunch for the boys.

They sat down to eat about 12:45 and at 12:52 I heard C say "Hey, on your calendar it says you have dentist appointments at 1 o'clock". WHAT?! OMG! My boys had dentist appointments in 8 minutes and I had completely forgotten! I told Jax and Dex to drop their lunches and run up and brush their teeth (Cars had his appt last week). I packed up C and Cars' lunches in tupperware and we ran out the door to the car. As I was pulling out of the garage I realized I had cookies baking in the oven so I ran back into the house and pulled them out. I raced to the dentist and made it at 12:59 (the office is just 1/4 mile from our house). We were in and out in less than an hour but this poor kid, who saved me from paying $50 per child in missed appointment fees, had to spend his playdate time sitting in our dentist's office. He was happy though because as a reward, I let him play video games when we got back to our house (he has no video games at his house).

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow at 7am. I hope I don't forget about that one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment